Pages

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Letters

We're in the process of creating our "Dear Birthparent" letter, which is just plain hard. Even as someone who loves to write and who has written a lot of letters throughout my lifetime...I'm finding this to be the hardest one I've ever had to undertake. I read a whole bunch of examples online to see if that would give me some ideas. They're all well written and sweet...but they all sound the same to me. How do you provide the fundamental assurances this letter requires and still stand out from the crowd? We've gotten as far as a rough draft but to tell the truth I really don't like what we've got so far. It seems canned and almost cheesy, which is not how I want to present "us" to people who will become very important in our lives. I guess the only way to figure all this out is to forge ahead and keep trying. Eventually we'll end up with a letter we can both feel proud of. I'm feeling more than a little impatient with the process though and I want to get this done!

No comments: