Pages

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Kreativ Blog Award


Thank you to Mary B. and Tracey for the Kreativ Blog Award nomination...it's nice to see a new award making its way around the blogosphere. :)

Here are the rules:
  1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
  2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
  3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
  4. Name seven things about yourself that people may not know.
  5. Nominate seven Kreativ Bloggers.
  6. Post links to the seven blogs you nominate.
  7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they've been nominated.
So let's see...seven things people may not know about me:

  1. In movies, I'm more sad if a dog dies than if a person dies. Yeah, I love dogs that much.
  2. I abhor Reality TV shows of any kind
  3. I actually don't like TV very much at all, and consequently end up mostly watching whatever Michael wants to watch, when I watch it at all. I think this makes it hard for people to relate to me, or maybe it's the other way around. However, I do have a major weak spot for Desperate Housewives...go figure!!
  4. I hate that feeling when you meet someone you really like at first, but as you get to know them better, you realize there are significant things with which you really can't relate...
  5. I feel obligated to be a good role model for the young 20-somethings with whom I attend school. I feel sort of like an older sibling to them, in a way.
  6. Sometimes I think I have a really big vocabulary until I read things written by true authors. I learned the word vitriolic this way.
  7. I have an obsessive/compulsive habit (need) to organize my dollar bills both numerically, and so that they all go the same direction. So on the rare occasions when I have a stack of money, I have $20s on the bottom, followed by $10s, then $5s, and then $1s. All bills are "face up" and stacked neatly. I get this from my dad, and when I see him do it all I can do is roll my eyes.
And now for my seven nominations:
  1. Hope 548
  2. Debbie
  3. Andi-Bo-Bandi
  4. Sarah
  5. Kel
  6. Alicia
  7. Jill
That's all for now!


4 comments:

Kel said...

Thanks Melba!!! oooh an award!! I'm so excited!!

M.B. said...

Did I mention that the middle pic of Charlie in the swing in your new blog banner is ADORABLE?!?! What a happy little guy!

E said...

I totally relate to your #1....that's why I haven't seen Marley and Me. Probably never will. It's fun to learn more about you this way. The money thing is a little strange, but you're awesome so I can overlook that LOL.

Evergreen said...

What's funny about the money is that at first I thought you meant numerically by serial number, I thought now that IS OCD. Because it didn't occur to me that someone WOULDN'T organize their bills by denomination and put them in order. ;-)