Pages

Saturday, October 2, 2010

17-Month-Olds Are Sweet...


...or at least ours is.  These are the kind of encounters we have on a regular basis these days.  Now that our lives have changed, I miss my time with the little one more than words can express but the old adage, "Absence makes the heart grow fonder" is certainly holding true for us.  He wants me as much as I want him after we've spent the whole day in separate places. 



It's been a while since I've posted an update about the little man.  He's growing like a weed and we have so much fun these days.  He seems to pick up new words and abilities daily.  His favorite things at the moment are to open and close all sorts of things; doors, bowls with lids, water bottles, bottles with flip caps, you name it.  He still hasn't figured out how to screw tops back onto bottles or open doors that are already closed but he's actively working on it.  I love his little face when he's concentrating.  He squats down, sticks just the tip of his tongue out and his breathing slows.  I've tried, unsuccessfully, to capture this expression on "film" but here's an almost shot:


He's so precious, there are absolutely no words for how much I love this little person.  Last night when Daddy got home from work, Charlie was sitting on his lap.  Daddy said, "Charlie, what color is Daddy's shirt?" to which Charlie replied, "ojamonge" We both got a good laugh at his unique pronunciation of the word "orange."  He also says "beeoooou" for blue and he will sometimes say "ed" for red but not always on cue.  Our days right now are absolutely flying by and that's hard.  One part of me can't wait for next April because it means I'll finally be graduating but the other part wants to slam on the brakes because April also means we'll have a little two-year-old in our midst.  Hard to imagine that but I know it will happen fast.  

He's also developing quite the little sense of humor lately.  He's always been a face-maker but now that he's learned he can make people laugh with his antics, they are a regular part of his repertoire.  LOVE!

      

10 comments:

Rachel said...

I LOVE that last picture :)

It's good to hear (read) from you - I've missed you, although I understand you have priorities other than blogging!! LOL

He is so beautiful, Melba. So so gorgeous. I'm so glad things are going so well!

Anne said...

Sooo cute!!

joyce said...

Where did your baby go? Charlie is such a big boy now and even more adorable.

Kelly said...

He is just beautiful!

Lane said...

Adorable!

Denver Jen said...

I love seeing how much he's grown. The picture where he's giving you a kiss melts my heart. So sweet!

happymomof4 said...

SOOOO stinkin ADORABLE!!!!!

Jamie said...

so much fun! it's amazing to watch their little personalities blossom right before your eyes. :) that funny face just cracks me up!! :)

Richele said...

so sweet. and I love his scrunchy face!

i don't like the flying by part, either.

Anonymous said...

16-17 months was one of my favorite times too...so sweet. Enjoy!