Pages

Monday, January 17, 2011

Today is More...

...than a day off. Its a day we should stop and think about the problems MLK Jr. tried to solve & what WE are doing about them. He gave his life to try to find a better way. He made a profound difference to many but his time here was WAY too short. One of my favorite sayings is also some good food for thought:

Life's most persistent and urgent question is, 'What are you doing for others?' ~Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Sometimes I don't do enough for others, which is something I'd like to change. It's not easy to step outside your own comfort zone but that's what we all need to do if we want to see real change in this country. We're all so busy these days that we often don't even take the time to afford each other common courtesy. Even that is not enough but it's a place to start.


 
            

2 comments:

Meeghan said...

Great quote...Charlie is adorable. Love the snow pictures.

Holly said...

I like this post. True it is that we all tend to get wrapped up in our own busy lives and forget how just the littlest favor or even a smile can help brighten someone's day.

I get really tired of people making condescending remarks about MLK Jr. day. I wish for once, that people could stop and realize that it isn't necessarily about race, but instead humanity and love for our fellow man! More than that, I wish I had the guts to say that to some of the gripers!!