Pages

Monday, June 25, 2007

Thoughts about Truth

I got up early this morning and I've been online, reading and researching more about adoption. I found one very interesting and heartfelt article that I really enjoyed. Here's an excerpt from Secret Thoughts from an Adoptive Mother:
"As more and more of us tell the truth about our feelings, and those feelings resonate with others, they gain a legitimacy that can be comforting. Like every other aspect of adoption, truth is not a gift that you can choose to give or withhold; it is a prerequisite. The process of adopting a child takes more courage than you think you have, offers more self-knowledge than you think you want, and reassembles your characteristics into someone familiar but changed. It is an incredible journey through a rich landscape of hard truths."
This resonated with me and it kind of sums up how I feel overall and why I'm creating this blog to begin with. I want and need to tell our story in a truthful, meaningful way and I hope I will be able to do that. If you're interested, you can read more of the article I quoted here

No comments: