Pages

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Here we gooo

Well I talked to Elly today and she said she will have some openings for the home study in early January. So it's perfect timing really since I'm on break from school and I actually have time to work on paperwork over the holidays. Our present goal is to get all paperwork done and turned in by the first week of January and then the home study will be scheduled shortly thereafter, in early January.

I've been told the home study isn't a big deal or anything to be afraid of but it still stresses me out. Even though I'm far from it, I have trouble resisting the urge to seem perfect on the surface. I guess one day at a time is the only way to play it. As I said to my cousin, I will probably laugh about how nervous I was once this is all said and done but for now it seems larger than life to me.

Anyway...I feel good about where we are and I'm so happy to be proceeding again!

MSL

2 comments:

Duck Hunter said...

I'm glad to hear that you are moving forward. Reading your blog shows what a hard process this is for the adoptive parents.

Anonymous said...

Hi Melba,
I discovered your adoption blog through a search for people with common interests on Blogger. Yours is the first blog I've found (in many) that chronicles the adoption process in a real & candid way. It gives me an idea what to expect! Also, the many resources you list are a gift, so thank you. Out of curiosity, if you're willing to share, what led you and your husband to decide to do an open adoption (assuming by "open" you refer to the kind of adoption where you'll maintain a relationship with your future child's birth mom)?
Best of luck to you on your continued journey!!