Pages

Monday, December 21, 2009

A Hippie No More

The moment of 12:47 p.m. EST was quite momentous for my dear hubby today...I chopped off all his hair! Until a little over half an hour ago, the man hadn't had a haircut in 20 years. He used to joke around with our nephew every time we saw him about how his hair was older than Nick.














But...life's about changing and today marked a big one for Michael. He always said that when we had a child he was going to get his hair cut to mark the momentous life-change of becoming a daddy. He picked today for the big event, as a way to commemorate the winter solstice, "for Charlie."

I'm still pretty shocked, and I think he is too, that hair has been with us through thick and thin! The length of the braid I cut off is 21 inches...wow!



Since I'm a far cry from a cosmetologist, our next item on today's agenda is to go to a salon where they can beautify my initial efforts.














And at the end of the day, our baby boy still knows Daddy, how divine!



13 comments:

Bri said...

Wow, so I know I am super emotional right now, but this totally made me tear up!

Patricia said...

WOW how momentous!
I am so happy for him!
Did you guys think about donating his braid to locks for love?
http://www.locksoflove.org
I am sure that they would love his hair because it it less chemically treated than most!
Many Blessings

KLTTX said...

Wow, that's a long braid. Are you going to donate it to Lock of Love or keep it in a memory book? BTW, the Christmas pictures of Charlie are too cute.

Michelle said...

Wow, what a wonderful meaning behind it all!

Melba said...

This one we have to keep for the memory books, and to show Charlie. I've donated several bunches of hair to locks of love over the years, and it is a great cause! :)

Melba

M.B. said...

This is awesome! Can't wait to see the "after" pictures! Thanks for sharing this!

KT said...

This really brought a smile to my face...Hope the new style keeps him happy!

Dave Gerhart said...

Woo Hoo! Hair looks great!

Kel said...

Lookin Good Michael! Go get a fauxhawk! :D Who says you have to grow up completely?

Malloryn said...

That's amazing. No worries though, he can still be a hippie ;)

Denver Jen said...

Wow! That's so great that you were the person to do the initial cut. I'm sure it was so hard. I cut off a boyfriends hair he had grown for YEARS and it was pretty traumatic for him. Looks good though and what a nice change. We're having the opposite experience at our house. My husband is growing the craziest beard that began right around when Nora came home:). Happy solstice!

E said...

Awwwww...that is so sweet. He looks great! It's probably so much easier for him too, but I can imagine after 20 years that he may be experiencing a bit of "phantom hair" syndrome lol.

sanjeet said...

I am so happy for him!
How to make a website