Pages

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Waves

My nervousness has been coming and going in waves these past several days. It's so weird to think this is all happening. Right now. On one hand I feel completely prepared for the journey ahead and on the other I feel like I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing or what I'm supposed to be doing. I'm really excited for the home visit and the home study process because I'm ready to complete all the requirements so we can be in the pool of waiting parents but on the other hand it feels utterly overwhelming and clunky as we make our way down the path to "the pool." I know we'll get there eventually and part of me can't wait for that. The other part of me though is scared of fall the unknowns. My feelings and my back-and-forth mind frame are weird, I'm not really sure how to make sense of all this.

On a happy note though, my parents came over to help us on Saturday. With their financial and physical assistance, we were able to get some really big projects started and/or taken care of. We got our front garage door fixed, which has been semi-broken since 2003 and completely broken since last year. We're also getting a bran new back garage door installed, which is great since the one we have now is ancient and is pretty much a disaster waiting to happen. My dad is also putting in a new screen on our sliding glass door, a new storm door for our back door, a new lighting fixture in our kitchen, and a replacement screen in our front door. All this stuff has been piling up for some time and it feels so great to be getting it taken care of. My mom has also been helping me do some deep spring cleaning, which is so needed and getting it done feels great! I think our tub is as clean as it was when we bought it and our book shelves have probably never been cleaner. It's all good and...home study in progress or not...this all feels like good work and good improvements being made.

So there are four more days until the one I'm counting down to, I'm sure there will be more to come...

No comments: