Pages

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Two Days to Go

Charlie's adoption day is coming up on Tuesday! We have been shopping, cleaning and cooking like crazy today! The court house is having an "adoption appreciation" celebration on Tuesday to go along with all the adoptions that will be finalized in our county that day. Press will be there, and it will be a big shindig. I am jittery, but in a good way.

Honestly I can't believe we are here already! I can't believe we've come from where we were this time last year to where we are now...it's amazing! Every day I seem to fall more and more in love with our son. I keep thinking that at some point my love for him will reach capacity, but maybe it just keeps on growing, who knows?

There has been a lot of negativity going around here lately, and to be honest it's been getting me down (see previous post.) But there has also been some good news over which I've been doing a little happy dance! :)



14 comments:

Jill said...

I am sooo excited for you guys Melba!!!
Such an awesome milestone! (I am also a bit jealous that you get to finalize during National Adoption month! LOL!)
I CANNOT WAIT to see pictures!!

Cresent Moon said...

So excited for you! What an awesome day! Can't wait to hear all about it!!!

Jamie said...

how exciting melba!! soak in every sweet moment of your special day!! i wish we would've had our special day in court, but since it was finalized out of town....we got word through a phone call. i have always wished we would have had the "experience.:. :)

enjoy!! sooo happy for you!

Denver Jen said...

I'm so excited for this momentous date for you all to be "official" (not that you weren't before). My brother-in-law was adopted and they call his finalization day his Love Day and celebrate it each year. I love the idea of the "Love Day", so, Happy Love Day to all of you! How exciting!

Evergreen said...

I'm so glad your special day is tomorrow! it was nice to put closure on that part of things. a joy & relief.

Rebekah said...

What a day to celebrate! So happy for you!!!

Kel said...

Can't wait to see Charlie with the Judge! :D

Just Believing said...

Yeah! Can;t wait to hear all about the wonderful celebration of Charlies adoption day!!!

Malloryn said...

I'm thinking about you, Michael and little Charlie on this big day! I'm thrilled for all of you. It's amazing how your heart can continue growing with love for that little person :)

HappyAutisticMama said...

Congrats on your finalization!!!

Anonymous said...

It does, it just keeps on growing.

Rachel said...

I hope today was fabulous!! Can't wait to hear about it. And I LOVE the pic of Charlie at the top of your blog now - what a cutie!!

RB said...

Congrats on the upcoming finalization! It feels like Charlie was just born :) Thanks for the blog love M...

E said...

Can't believe I missed this....I'm sure you had an awesome day full of many wonderful memories! So happy for you and your family! I'm looking forward to hearing about your family's special day. Yay!!!