Pages

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Visualization Realized

When I took this picture yesterday, I had the thought that this moment was one I had been imagining/dreaming of for years. I remember doing a visualization exercise in a writing course I took back in 2007. I went back and looked at my journal from that class and sure enough, on January 18 of 2007, this is what I found:


Prompt: What is the picture you want, in a future time?

My Response: "I want a picture of my own little boy or girl looking back at me, flirting with the camera. Absent from the photo are toys. There is no complication in this photo, no rain, no darkness, no fear. Adults are also missing from the frame but the child's expression leads me to believe they are on the edges, just out of view."

Before I took this picture, I wasn't thinking about that journal entry at all. Then I snapped the shutter and the visualization came flooding back to me. The realization of such a powerful (once mental) image now magically transformed into my reality literally took my breath away.

How divine!


15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I have chills! That is incredibly powerful! What a cool picture, too, by the way. I love it!

When did he turn into a little boy? My goodness!

Bri

Michelle said...

Another sign, it was all just meant to be.

Evergreen said...

Divine, indeed! What a wonderful experience, to know you saw and dreamed of this moment, and to have Charlie make your dream come true.

Jill said...

Divine Indeed was my first resonse, but I see that that was taken....LOL!

I am now going to go with pre destined! I mean how how awesome is it that that sweet Charlie is in YOUR arms.

We ARE so blessed!

Rebekah said...

So beautiful Melba. I dream of this moment too. I can't believe he's walking around like a little man! What a big boy.

Brooke said...

Wow, so cool! And I can't beleive how big he is.....and his boots are so cute too.

alicia said...

wow! that is so neat!

Anne said...

Awesome! And he is looking like such a big boy now!

Jamie said...

beautiful.simply beautiful. :)

Mrs.Q said...

What a beautiful moment for you! I think you are an amazing writer, and from what i read on your blogs an amazing mother. Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

he is so kissable

Becky said...

Wow!! That is amazing!!

irene said...

I LOVE YOUR BLOG PAGE I JUST BECAME A NEW USER OF BLOG.
LOVE YOUR PIC. THE GREAT THING IS THAT EVENTUALLY CHARLIE WILL RECOGNIZE YOUR HAND WRITTING AS THE HAND WRITTING OF THE ONE WHO CARED.
KEEP UP GIRL.
IRENE

Meeghan said...

Oh my he is so big. Parker is not walking yet. C looks so grown up just staring back at you. GREAT pic.

Natalie said...

Very cool Melba! That picture is beautiful, and even more so after hearing about your visualization project. Such a precursor for things to come! AWESOME!