Pages

Friday, July 10, 2009

Take Me Out to the Ballgame...

Hanging out with the big cats

Tonight was Charlie's first Detroit Tiger's baseball game, which we were treated to by my amazing parents! We had a great time, and it was really fin to take the little one to such a big event. We even got a free "first baseball game" certificate with his name on it from the guest services booth.

Charlie and Mommy enjoying the game

We got so many friendly comments and looks. Even from a distance, I could see people pointing at us and commenting on the cute baby. There were a couple of people who got too close and wanted to touch little Charlie, but I politely put them in their place. People are so funny when it comes to babies. The normally well-placed social filter most people have seems to vanish when they see a baby. I don't mind people talking to him, and even getting a little closer so they can look at him...but I do draw the line at touching his face, hair, and hands. That is just too much for me because I don't know where these people have been with their creepy hands!

Definitely the cutest fan...maybe the youngest too!

Surprisingly, we didn't get any questions about adoption, although I know some people were wondering. We did, however, get a lot of comments on what a good baby Charlie is, and it's so true! It's easy to love every aspect of being a new mom with this little boy, because he is such a laid back little guy. We got lucky in more ways than one where Charlie is concerned. I've been around fussy babies, so I know we are very spoiled with our little man.

Certainly the star of my show!

I love taking him to so many places, and broadening his horizons. Even though I know he won't remember these times, we will have some great photos for him to look at when he's older...and these are times that I will cherish always. Charlie's Auntie Maggie is visiting from Scotland right now, so we've been hitting the big city quite a bit. Charlie has been to the Edsel Eleanor Ford House, the Rouge River Factory, and the game this week. Tomorrow we will either go to the Celtic Festival in a neighboring town, or to Elvisfest, which is occurring in our hometown. Then on Sunday we're heading to Independence Lake for a big family picnic. I'm excited about taking Charlie swimming for the first time, and I hope everyone has fun.


12 comments:

Jill said...

Can't wait to see pics of his first ballgame!
Hugs, Jill

Yoka said...

Melba, I hear you on the touching. People try to touch Lilli here all the time. How do you make them stop???

Kel said...

I have to admit, I am a baby toucher. But I try to stick to feet. and only one finger, usually the pinkie, I never ever touch faces. That's just rude. Little baby toes are hard to resist though! And I usually don't just run up and touch. I ask mom about baby first and then give the foot a little tickle. I totally try to read mom, if she's cool I touch if she's not I don't.

As for stopping the irresponsible toucher, just tell them baby has been sick. No one wants to get sick! :D


I'm glad Charlie enjoyed his first baseball game! Go Tigers! :D

Deb said...

He's is the cutest thing ever! Seriously. And he looks so cute and cozy hanging in his carrier.

So glad he was a good boy at the game. We're considering taking Isabel to her first college football game this fall but I'm sure she won't be quite as still as Charlie!!

We were in a restaurant the other day with Isabel at the end by the walk way, something I'll remember to change if possible in the future, some woman walked by and started talking to her and then touched her hair before I could say anything at all she walked away. I was surprised how annoyed I was at that. But I work hard on her hair and to have someone do that just bugs me! Plus the whole touching thing. If I touch a baby it's on the arm and just a soft gentle caress.

Eileen said...

Cute pics of C's first ballgame! We're big baseball fans so I can't wait to take our little one to his/her first Phils game!

Sally Bacchetta said...

I just found your blog, and I've gone through all of your posts feasting my eyes on your handsome little man. I promise I'm not a weirdo, just another adoptive Mama who loves happy endings, which are really beginnings, aren't they? Congratulations to all of you for finding each other exactly when you were ready.

Tracey said...

I love the picture of you wearing Charlie...with the giant cat behind you....my favorite is the the last one of Charlie with the lights behind him. I can't wait for more expressions to come! He is so so cute!

Rebekah said...

Melba, his face is changing. He looks so grown up!! We got a bunch of Tigers gear, this week. Ben can't wait to take Ty to a game!!!

alicia said...

so cute! I am the same way, i love taking Ivy places! they will love the pics when they are older!

Jamie said...

awww.....we can't wait to take little milo to his very first baseball game! :) that looks like so much fun!!

just curious ~ how do you ward off baby touchers....what do you say to them? i could use some advice. :)

Wendy said...

I love the pictures! Charlie looks so cute - glad you had fun! I can't wait to take our child to a Tiger's game, too!

I'd like to know what you said to the baby touchers, too - was it just please don't touch him? Or something else?

BP said...

He is just too adorable. Thanks for commenting on my blog. I am excited to have found yours and to read about all of your adventures with baby Charlie!