Pages

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

365 Days Later, Part One

Happy First Birthday to our beautiful, amazing, sweet, smart, funny little boy!

How is it possible that 365 days have already gone by since he entered this world? I really can't believe that. But what wonderful days they've been. So incredibly full of love and life; laughter and happiness. The transition into motherhood has been incredible for me. There have certainly been some hard times and some challenges I didn't expect; however, I can honestly say that by and large, this has been one of the happiest years of my life. The other day I heard a quote that I really liked:
"The only way you can really survive this world is to become what you are."
I think that's exactly what's happened for me, with Charlie. I was already a mother, at my core and in my heart of hearts...I just needed the perfect little boy to come along and help that part of me blossom. And perfect he is! I cannot imagine any other child at the center of our lives. He brings so much to our little family, as well as to our larger circle of family and friends.

The selfless sacrifice made my his birth mother truly humbles me. I think about her often, in one way or another but I am especially thinking about her today, as we celebrate the life of this precious little boy. I honestly can't imagine what she went through, and what she continues to go through as time moves forward. I don't (and probably never will) know her part of the story but her decision to give him life and to give him a safe start into this world is something for which I am eternally grateful.

Watching Charlie grow and learn, experiencing all the wonders of the world through his eyes. There is nothing quite like that kind of magic. Today, more than ever, I am thankful for his existence and for the multitude of joy, happiness and most of all, love that he brings to our lives.

Happy First Birthday, Son. I love you with all of my heart!


5 comments:

Jessica said...

Happy Birthday, Little Man! I've loved watching you grow up through your mama's beautiful words. Your family is blessed!

Rebekah said...

And blossom you have. Me too. It's a wonderfully, beautiful thing.

Happy Birthday Charlie!!!!!

Bri said...

Wow! Happy Birthday, sweet little Charlie! Lots of Love from AZ!!

Malloryn said...

Happy first birthday, Charlie! Wow, I can't believe it's been a year already either. I hope that he has a wonderful birthday :)

Brooke said...

Wow! Time surely has flown by! Happy 1st Birthday, Charlie.