Pages

Thursday, April 22, 2010

I can hardly believe it...

There are several things I can hardly believe right now:
  1. Charlie will be ONE in less than a week.
  2. He's about to walk ANY day now. Actually...he took two steps tonight but Michael wasn't home at the time so we're still waiting for the official first steps. :)
  3. I haven't updated this blog in almost two weeks now. I've been busy with school, which brings me to the next point.
  4. I'm actually getting to the blessed end of this degree. There are some major brick walls trying to get in my way at the moment but I'm nothing if not determined. Student teaching happens in the fall and I can't wait.
  5. I've heard TWO stories this week about babies who were either extremely ill or possibly not even going to survive. Death is hard enough for me to deal with but when it's a baby in the picture, it cuts to my core. I try to have faith that things happen for a reason but that is hard for me when it comes to babies suffering and/or dying.
  6. Did I mention Charlie is going to be ONE next week? The above stories make me count my blessings with him even more than I already do. Seriously, PRECIOUS.
  7. I've only scrapbooked about the first two weeks of C's first year. I find this extremely ironic because before we had children I was a scrapbooking fanatic...I'm talking like 12+ completed albums, BIG albums, creative memories consultant kind of fanatic. And now...nothing. It's almost entirely due to the issue of time but seriously. All those years I wanted so badly to be able to scrapbook a baby album and now that I have the baby I can't seem to find the time to do the book *sigh*
  8. We STILL haven't mowed our yard for the first time this year. Again it's due to how busy we've been but I've never left it this late before and I feel like a bad neighbor. Plus I think it's going to rain ALL weekend. :(
I think that's it for now. I'm sure there are other things that belong on the list but honestly, I'm too tired to think much more tonight.

5 comments:

Just Believing said...

aww man is it weird its hard for me to believe he is one and I have never met ya'll! Seriously it doesn't feel that long ago that I dsicovered you blog and your amazing little family!!!!! Happy almost birthday Charlie!

Cresent Moon said...

I am right there with you! I can't believe these little guys are getting ready to be 1!!! How crazy is that! I have been having so much fun planning baby boys party!

So glad you see the light at the end of the tunnel with your schooling! I so remember those days and I don't miss them at all! Good luck to you on finishing!

I did some scrapbooking before little man but I have always taken lots of pictures...well I am right there with you I was SO excited to be able to all his firsts and everything for this first year and I have plenty of pictures but no time (and I am home with him full time now and still don't have time!!) I don't even have his baby books filled out, I have stuff on post-it notes so I don't forget stuff! I need to get better and make time somewhere but he is so busy and I am exhausted by the end of the day!

Well Happy 1st Birthday Charlie and I can't wait to hear all about his birthday!!!

Ashley said...

I can NOT believe Charlie is turning 1!!!! Happy almost birthday to one of the cutest kids ever!

Kelly said...

ONE!?!?! NO WAY!!!

Evergreen said...

I can't believe C is almost one! What a year it's been! Grass, smass. This is the year to let non-essentials fall by the wayside. As for scrapbooking - yes, I was very good about journaling for PC's first month. Since then, ummm.... And I haven't even started putting all the pics in the photo albums.